Arsenal have one of the biggest fanbases in the world, backed up by our 75 million social media followers, which is only bettered by eight clubs around the world, including Real Madrid and Barcelona.
Our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts all provide updates on a daily basis, particularly on gameday with extensive coverage of all our matches.
And it appears Arsenal are looking to expand the digital marketing team at the Emirates Stadium as the following job role popped up on our news feed today:
As listed on a site called Freelance Video Collective, the responsibilities include:
- Produce and direct the Breakdown Live show to a high broadcast standard whether that is remotely or in the studio
- Effectively manage and develop the Live Director/Editor
- Maintain and develop relationships with the key talent for the Breakdown Live
- Ensure the Breakdown Live remains contemporary and have a multi-platform presence
- Occasional production of Club day shoots and multiplatform features
- Deliver and oversee pre-season live streams and occasional Youth/Women’s live streams throughout the course of the season
- Devise and deliver tactics to exploit any new match footage rights in our matchday show offering
- Devise a strategy for our live matchday offering for when fans return to matches
The vacancy was only posted a couple of days ago but has a deadline of 28 February – so anyone interested in working for one of the biggest football clubs in the world should get their CVS in as soon as possible!
Working on the live shows and the key talent sounds like a fun job for the successful candidate, particularly if they are a fellow Gooner.
Arsenal ask that candidates have the following skills/experience:
- Strong production skills, proven ability to creative narrative from rushes
- Strong live production and direction skills
- Ability to work under limited supervision and as a part of a team
- Advanced knowledge of live production work flows
- Operating knowledge of Tricaster or equivalent
- An understanding of video codecs, encoding and formats
- Track record of line management and developing team members
- A keen interest in media technologies, social media, video and audio trends
- Ability to produce content that fits the house style and appeals to Arsenal’s audience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and collaborative approach to working with stakeholders
- Impeccable attention to detail and awareness of sensitivities around Club media
Arsenal are heading into a busy end to the 2020-21 campaign, with Premier League and UEFA Europa League matches, so the successful candidate can expect to jump right into the action.